Samaritan’s Purse Disaster Response Teams on the Way to Help South Texas Flood Victims
Samaritan's Purse, an international Christian relief organization, deployed staff, volunteers and a tractor-trailer stocked with tools and supplies to flood-stricken Hildago County, Texas, as the governor declared a state of disaster there yesterday. Samaritan's Purse has been on the ground in Texas since Hurricane Harvey wreaked havoc last August and is preparing to help more Texans in need.
"Families in Texas—many who were still recovering from Hurricane Harvey—are once again facing flooded homes and devastating loss," said Franklin Graham, president of Samaritan's Purse. "Please pray for these families as we help them get back on their feet and share the true hope that can only be found in Jesus Christ."
The North Carolina-based relief organization is calling on volunteers from around the country to help Texas residents impacted by the flooding. Teams of volunteers will mud-out flooded homes, clear debris, remove downed trees and treat the homes to prevent mold growth.
A host church in the affected area will serve as the base of operations for staff and volunteers helping flood victims recover.
- Todd Taylor, assistant manager of U.S. Disaster Relief for Samaritan's Purse, on the ground in South Texas
- Tim Haas, manager of U.S. Disaster Relief for Samaritan's Purse, coordinating the response
- B-roll: June 2018—Samaritan's Purse South Texas Flood Relief
- B-roll: Fall 2017—Samaritan's Purse aids Harvey victims in Houston, Texas
- B-roll: Aug. 2017—Samaritan's Purse aids Harvey victims in Victoria, Texas
- B-roll: Aug. 2017—Vice President Pence joins Samaritan's Purse in Rockport, Texas
- Photos: Fall 2017/Spring 2018—Samaritan's Purse’s recovery/rebuild efforts in Texas
Chaplains from the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association’s Rapid Response Team will work alongside Samaritan’s Purse to provide emotional and spiritual encouragement.
For more information about how to help or volunteer with Samaritan’s Purse, go to spvolunteernetwork.org.
About Samaritan's Purse
Samaritan's Purse is an international Christian relief organization that has helped more than 40,000 families in 36 U.S. states following hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, fires and ice storms. In the months following Hurricane Harvey, more than 10,000 Samaritan's Purse volunteers helped some 3,000 families recover from the unprecedented flooding in Texas. Home rebuild and repair teams are currently based in Rockport and Pearland, with material assistance and manufactured home replacement occurring across the state. The organization's goal is to help up to 1,000 families get back into their homes.