Fact Sheet: Open Doors USA
Open Doors USA
- For more than 60 years, Open Doors has worked in the world's most oppressive and restrictive countries to strengthen the Church by walking alongside persecuted Christians.
- Because of an extensive network of sources on the ground in many countries around the world, we provide credible, accurate and verified information about the realities of daily persecution.
- Open Doors provides Bibles, Christian literature and humanitarian aid; trains Christian leaders; and facilitates social and economic projects.
- Each nation has slightly different needs, so Open Doors' work varies from country to country. However, restoring dignity to those who have been marginalized for their faith is paramount to what we do around the world.
- Each year, Open Doors publishes the Open Doors World Watch List, which ranks the 50 top countries where it is most dangerous and difficult to be a Christian.
- Open Doors USA is one of 23 branches that make up Open Doors International, the world's largest outreach to persecuted Christians in high-risk places.
- Visit OpenDoorsUSA.org for more information on how to get involved through prayer, advocacy and financial partnership.
- Open Doors USA advocates for persecuted Christians by inspiring and motivating Americans to act on behalf of those who are suffering for their faith around the world.
- We work with lawmakers, government officials and Washington influencers to elevate the issue of religious freedom and persecution among those who are in a position to effect change for the persecuted.
- We call on the free world to remember those who are persecuted and be a voice for the voiceless.
- Religious persecution against Christians continues to intensify and expand around the world.
- One out of every 12 Christians in the world faces persecution.
- Every month, an average of 322 Christians are killed specifically for their faith.
- Christians are one of the most persecuted religious groups in the world and are oppressed in at least 60 countries.
- Christian persecution is defined as any hostility experienced due to one's identification as a Christian.
- We believe religious persecution of any kind should not be tolerated.
- Persecuted Christians ask for prayer first and foremost.