Media Briefings Schedule
updatED: Feb. 27, 11:39 P.M. ET
Below is a tentative schedule of media briefings regarding the death of Billy Graham. Ministry representatives will brief reporters on information about the death of Billy Graham, funeral and interment arrangements, and media operations.
All briefings will be held in the Media Center at the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association headquarters, located at 1 Billy Graham Parkway, Charlotte, NC 28201 (3 miles south of Charlotte Douglas International Airport).
Thursday, March 1, 7:30 p.m.
The final media briefing regarding the funeral and interment of Billy Graham will be held at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, March 1.
This will be the only briefing to cover such details as the following:
- Equipment and personnel restrictions on movement prior to the Secret Service’s security sweep
- Parking and shuttle information for media with funeral credentials
- Protocol for on-site live shots before, during and after the funeral service
- Guidelines for all on-site media coverage
- Line-by-line descriptions of the funeral program and background information on participants
- Details of the interment service, including live media feed information
Audio from previous briefings:
Media credentials are required for coverage of all memorial events on-site at the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (1 Billy Graham Parkway, Charlotte, NC 28201). To apply for media credentials, fill out this form. Submission of an application does not guarantee the approval of a media credential.
The media entrance is the Billy Graham Library entrance (located off Westmont Drive). Upon arrival, media must present a photo ID and one of the following: a working press identification, an official media outlet business card or a letter on outlet letterhead. Parking passes are required and will be distributed at the media entrance upon arrival.
Limited space will be available for media to attend the funeral and separate credentials are required. For details about obtaining a credential specifically to cover the private funeral service, see Obtaining Media Credentials for Private Funeral Service.