Media Guidelines for Thursday, March 1
UpdaTED: March 1, 2018, 8:33 a.M. ET
The following guidelines will apply to media access at the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association property on Thursday, March 1, the day before Billy Graham's funeral.
- No live shots will be allowed in front of the Billy Graham Library. Live shots are only allowed from SAT truck parking area.
Noon – 9:30 p.m.
- Media who are granted credentials for the private funeral service must pick up their credentials on Thursday, March 1, from noon to 9:30 p.m. ET in the Charlotte Media Center (photo ID required).
- Media outlets may send one person—who has been approved for a funeral credential—to pick up all credentials for their outlet or program.
- The Billy Graham Library property and parking lot (including the Graham Family Homeplace and the funeral tent) will be closed to all media.
5 - 10 p.m.
- Broadcast technicians who have their funeral-specific credentials may access the media section of the funeral tent to set equipment—tripods, lights, battery packs, etc.—for the Secret Service security sweep. To expedite entry through security on Friday morning, the Secret Service strongly recommends positioning as much equipment as possible by 10 p.m.
- The final media briefing will be held in the Media Center, covering details of the funeral and interment of Billy Graham.
- All television vehicles approved for on-site funeral parking must be in place in the Billy Graham Library parking lot.
- The entire property closes to all media.
No media will be able to re-enter the property until the conclusion of the security sweep at 5 a.m. Friday.