Public Relations Specialist (D.C.-based)
- Track record of good thinking, a great attitude and strong work ethic
- Knowledge and experience in communications strategy and planning
- Ability to manage multiple projects, driving them from conception to completion
- Proficiency in news, promotional and editorial writing
- Superior verbal communication skills
- Exceptional judgment, maturity and a collaborative, flexible spirit
- Creative thinker and problem solver with an entrepreneurial approach
- Understanding of the needs and work of the national media
- Understanding of and competence with social media
This position will be based out of the Washington, D.C. / Northern Virginia area and will primarily serve the Museum of the Bible (opening fall of 2017 in D.C.), but may also join other agency account teams as needed.
This person will serve selected accounts; provide full-service public relations counsel and functions; design and implement PR campaigns that include social media and interactive strategies; manage and implement proactive and responsive media relations with secular and religious outlets; and manage account budgets. There will be some travel associated with this position.
Successful candidates will demonstrate knowledge of the agency’s client niche. Resume submissions should be accompanied by cover letter and salary history. Candidates should submit their materials through our website at DeMoss.com/careers.
- Communications Planning: develop strategic and operational communications plans for clients and assist in the assessment of communications programs
- Counsel: provide wise and measured counsel on news-of-the-day, communications strategy and tactics, messaging, target audiences and crisis scenarios
- Account Management: drive multiple client accounts, including the monitoring of communications plan progress, team management, management of client’s budget and direction of day-to-day account details
- Media Relations: develop media relations plans and strategies for clients, write media materials, maintain regular contact with media representatives, and pitch story and interview ideas; coordinate and produce press conferences, media events and publicity tours
- Writing: write news releases, op-eds, speeches, reports and other materials, as needed
- Social Media and Digital Strategies: design and implement social media and digital strategies for clients, as appropriate
- Branding: understand fundamentals of branding, and be able to assess and provide recommendations on a client's brand health
- Marketing and Advertising: develop and implement marketing and advertising strategies for clients, as needed
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in agency, corporate, government or nonprofit public relations or journalism
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, communications or journalism strongly preferred